Your Bedroom should be your sanctuary. It’s the space we go to, to unwind, rest and rejuvenate. Therefore, mindful steps should be taken when styling this space. Ie: choice in colours, lighting and materials as this will have an impact on your emotional response. Think soft palettes, comfortable luxe textures and sensitive lighting.
Here’s our 6 top tips on how to create:
1. Stick to a soft colour palette. You want to avoid anything too bright or overpowering. Think more mixing your textures than your hues.
2. Always, always have bedside table lamps. These are so important yet easy to forget. Lighting plays such an important role in a space. In darker living areas for example we might use brighter globes to make a space brighter and more inviting, However, in the bedroom we suggest soft lighting which will instantly relax you and prepare the body for shut down. Its all about AMBIENCE!
3. Install sheer curtains, even if over the top of roller blinds or block out curtains. This instantly softens the space and adds a feel of luxury.
4. Invest in a bedhead. These are a statement pieces in the bedroom. Linen bedheads are especially comfortable behind the head.I personally prefer bedheads to artwork as I feel they are more functional.
5. Add a wall mirror. Round ones are my personal favourite for bedrooms as they break up all the geometrical shapes in the room. They are also great for creating the illusion of space and reflect light! So a must if you have little natural light- you need to make the most of it!
6. A stunning floor rug under the bed is also one of my favourite additions. It doesn’t matter if you’re working with carpet or floorboards, the addition of the right rug can take your bedroom to another level! Remember to position the floor rug ¾ under the bed and ¼ exposed at the end of the bed depending on the size of the room (if larger, you can go ½ & ½). This frames the bed as the hero of the room ad again gives your space the extra feeling of luxe, which is what we all want! If space allows also throw an ottoman at the end of the bed. Great for when your putting shoes on!